Hype Williams directed Nicki Minaj’s first music video for her so-far-untitled debut album. The bald headed driver of the pink Lamborghini? That was Amber Rose. Download link below:
Check out Miller Lite’s newest commercial entitled “PopPop” that stars the beautiful Stacey Dash. Stacey may be pushing 40 but she barely looks a day over 21.
Nas and Damian Marley have just announced that they’ll be going on a summer tour beginning on May 2nd in West Palm Beach, Florida and ending on August 31st in Bridgeport, Connecticut. Their collaborative album Distant Relatives will be out in stores on May 18th. The full tour schedule is listed below:
- May 2 – West Palm Beach, FL – SunFest
- May 21 – Arcata, CA – Arcata Community Center
- May 22 – Eugene, OR – Cuthbert Amphitheater
- May 23 – Seattle, WA – Showbox Sodo
- May 25 – Oakland, CA – Fox Theater
- May 26 – Santa Barbara, CA – University of California, Santa Barbara
- May 28 – Los Angeles, CA – The Wiltern
- May 29 – Las Vegas, NV – The Joint
- May 30 – Valley Center, CA – Harrah’s Rincon – Open Sky Theater
- May 31 – Los Angeles, CA – UCLA Jazz Reggae Festival
- June 2 – Santa Fe, NM – Paolo Soleri Amphitheatre
- June 8 – Houston, TX – House of Blues
- June 9 – Austin, TX – Stubb’s Waller Creek Outdoor Amphitheater
- June 11 – Manchester, TN – Bonnaroo Music Festival
- June 12 – Atlanta, GA – Tabernacle
- June 13 – Lake Buena Vista, FL – House of Blues
- June 27 – Brussels, BE – Couleur Cafe Festival
- June 28 – Paris, FR – Paris Hip Hop Festival
- July 1 – Arendal, NO – Hovefestival
- July 3 – Cologne, DE – Summerjam
- July 4 – Gdynia, PL – Heineken Opener Festival
- July 6 – Copenhagen, DK – Vega
- July 7 – Hultsfred, SE – Hultsfred Festival
- July 9 – Frauenfeld, CH – Openair Frauenfeld
- July 10 – Montreux Vaud, CH – Montreux Jazz Festival – Miles
- July 11 – Rotterdam – Holland North Sea Jazz
- July 13 – Hamburg, DE – Stadtpark
- July 14 – Munich, DE – Tollwood Festival
- July 16 – Manchester, UK – Manchester Academy
- July 17 – Dublin, IE – Tripod
- July 20 – Hammersmith, UK – Hammersmith Apollo
- July 23 – Gräfenhainichen, DE – Splash Festival
- July 31 – Brooklyn, NY – Williamsburg Waterfront
- August 1 – Bridgeport, CT – Gathering of the Vibes Festival
Pretty cool shit – this girl plays Lady Gaga’s Poker Face through the use of multiple iPhone applications. She mentions that she uses the I Am T-Pain app for the vocals and the beat maker app and one other application (I couldn’t make out what she said) for the beat.
Head over to Kropserkel to order yourselves your very own bar of Fight Club Soap, which of course is from the great Fight Club movie. Even though 2 bars of soap for $25 is kinda expensive, they are dope. Shouts to Uncrate for the find.
This year’s biggest summer blockbuster (arguably of course) hits movie theaters May 7th and stars Robert Downey Jr., Gwyneth Paltrow, and others. Thoughts on the poster? The first and second trailer can be seen here.
Popular Los Angeles streetwear brand Crooks & Castles shows off their hometown in this new viral advertisement video off of a twist of HBO’s How To Make It In America title.
I had the pleasure of being part of last night’s sold out S.O.B’s crowd (good looks Ian!) for J. Cole’s Hot 97′s Who’s Next Showcase. The kid shut the place down with performances of songs from his mixtape The Warm Up and then went into his verses from Wale’s Beautiful Bliss and Jay-Z’s A Star Is Born before ending the show with a performance of his first never-heard-before single Who Dat (shouts to Rap Radar for the video above). He definitely has the talent and knows it, but what I like most about him is how humble is and I think that will help him succeed in the long run. Oh yeah, performances and appearances from Talib Kweli, Hi-Tek, Young Chris, Asher Roth, XV, Nipsey Hussle, and others were also in the building. After the jump check out the interview J. Cole did with Peter Rosenberg right before he got on stage.
J. Cole is a S.O.B.(‘s)